5 Mushroom Powder Steam Extract – Organic
We are super excited about a new product we have at Grove Health Supplements & Foods called, "5 Mushroom Steam Extract" from Harmonic Arts. It is a powdered blend of the mushrooms Reishi, Cordyceps, Coriolus (Turkey Tail), Chaga & Lion’s Mane which is perfect for adding to your baking, hot chocolate and coffee to give whatever you’re making a little extra kick. The health benefits of these mushrooms are extraordinary! Below we have a little FAQ section which we pulled from the Harmonic Arts website as well as some others so you can see what we are so excited about!
What is a Steam Extract?
Steam extraction is similar to the action of an espresso machine with high pressure stream, it is then dehydrated and used as a powder.
Why use Mushroom blends?
A number of researchers have come to the conclusion that using multiple medicinal mushrooms is best for awakening the immune system and natural body defense/coordination. Many mushrooms seem to have a unique center of gravity in the body. When combined and supported with the use of other mushrooms the effects often are amplified. The combinations also seem to show better stress response and generate better whole body harmony.
What are the health benefits of the individual mushrooms?
- It is non-toxic and can be taken daily without producing any side effects.
- When it is taken regularly, it can restore the body to its natural state, enabling all organs to function normally.
- Immune modulator - regulates and fine tunes the immune system.
- Red Reishi improves liver function
- Reishi is recommended as an adaptogen, immune modulator, and a general tonic.
- Red Reishi is also used to help treat anxiety, high blood pressure, hepatitis, bronchitis, insomnia, and asthma.
Cordyceps is used to treat coughs, chronic bronchitis, respiratory disorders, kidney disorders, nighttime urination, male sexual problems, anemia, irregular heartbeat,high cholesterol, liver disorders, dizziness, weakness, ringing in the ears, unwanted weight loss, and opium addiction.
It is also used for strengthening the immune system, improving athletic performance, reducing the effects of aging, promoting longer life, and improving liver function in people with hepatitis B.
Some people use cordyceps as a stimulant, a tonic, and an “adaptogen,” which is used to increase energy, enhance stamina, and reduce fatigue.
Coriolus (Turkey Tail):
Coriolus mushroom is a fungus. People have used the fruiting body and other parts as folk medicine for a long time. Recently, researchers have started to isolate and identify substances in coriolus that might act like pharmaceutical drugs. Two of these substances are polysaccharide peptide (PSP) and polysaccharide krestin (PSK). Scientists think these chemicals might be able to fight cancer and boost the immune system.
Coriolus mushroom, PSP, and PSK are used for stimulating the immune system; treating herpes, chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), hepatitis, and pulmonary disorders; reducing phlegm; improving bodybuilding results; increasing energy; curing ringworm and a skin condition called impetigo; treating upper respiratory, urinary, and digestive tract infections; curing liver disorders including hepatitis; reducing the toxic effects and pain of chemotherapy and radiation therapy; increasing the effectiveness of chemotherapy; prolonging life and raising the quality of life of cancer patients; and increasing appetite.
- Supports Immune System: Chaga has an abundance of Beta-D-Glucans which help balance the response of the body’s immune system. This means that chaga helps boosts the immune system when necessary, but slows it down when it’s overactive.
- Soothing Properties: Chaga supports the integrity of blood vessels and provides soothing properties in times of irritation. This can be helpful for those suffering from pain, neuropathy, and even diabetes.
- Ulcers and Gastritis: Due to its immune-boosting properties, chaga has long been used to support gastrointestinal health in Eastern culture. Most ulcers are caused by bacteria such as Helicobacter pylori, so a well-functioning immune system can fight off this pathogen. Ulcers may be soothed by the use of chaga, depending on the severity and the patient.
- Normalize Blood Pressure and Cholesterol Levels: Studies have shown that the betulinic acid found in chaga is able to break down LDL cholesterol–bad cholesterol–in the bloodstream.
Lion’s mane mushroom has been shown to be exceptionally active in stimulating the synthesis of Nerve Growth Factor (NGF). The mushroom contains substances that stimulate NGF production and pass easily through the blood-brain barrier. One of these substances, called hericenones, actually stimulates the brain to produce more NGF. The other, even more powerful substance is called erinacines. Erincacines is small enough to pass through the critical blood-brain barrier, and can therefore work within the brain to foster NGF production, which in turn boosts the production of new neurons.
The brain isn’t the only part of your body that benefits from lion’s mane. Its healthful properties extend to the entire nervous system. This is because the erinacines actually promote NFG production throughout the body. This means that it may not just protect your brain from degenerative diseases such as multiple sclerosis, but also guard your whole nervous system against degeneration. Some of the latest researches have even shown that lion’s mane mushroom may actually increase cognitive abilities!